That’s according to Barnaby Joyce who believes that Australia is on the cusp of a “golden era” in agriculture production. The Federal Agriculture Minister said national production value this year is expected to exceed $60 billion for the first time.
And we at iiSpy have been helping our farming clients increase yield per hectare with smart farming technology.
Last year there were record beef, lamb and grain prices and a turnaround in the wool market. There was also a good harvest season. Mr Joyce said farmers have been recovering from drought and were benefiting from tariff cuts from free trade deals. “Across the board, we’re doing well,” he told ABC Radio on Monday. “This brings money back not just to Coonamble and Coonabarabran (both in NSW) but to Martin Place (Sydney), Collins Street (Melbourne) and Queens Street in Brisbane — it’s good for the nation.”
Drones Save Labour Costs
At iiSpy we have been helping farmers with better intelligence to find pests, under irrigation, over irrigation and more accurate application of chemicals, saving time, labour and money.
Our services include a comprehensive report which includes the following specific features:
- Accurate Data, direct to your inbox.
- Near real time data – you are making decisions within 48 hours of the over flight.
- Spatially-enabled, baseline dataset for farm mapping
- Imagery and analysis of crop and soil health and environmental conditions
- Option to include low cost wireless cattle tracking systems to understand livestock activity
For more information, let’s talk.